the soul's journey, the soul's journey omaha, morning star, morning star center, morning star center for holistic healing, morning star omaha, morning star center omaha, morning star center for holistic healing omaha, your authentic self omaha, your authentic self
.Join Expedoodle to Enter to Win $1000.00 Giveaway! Click HERE
Living in the Moment
Thich Nhat Hanh
Living in the moment, accepting what is. Breathing in….Breathing out….Stepping forward into what our Soul has placed in front of us. Taking care of our 10% in life. This is what allows our soul’s expression to come forward. This is what allows us to fully live our life.
Living in the moment, accepting what is. How hard can that be? It sounds simple on the word level, but if you’ve ever tried doing it, you know that sustaining that awareness can be a challenge. We get pulled out of living in the moment in a number of ways.
- •We go on autopilot. Many of us get up in the morning and those old programs and conditioning start running us. We can get into a pattern of doing the same things in the same way, driving the same route to work. Our conscious mind can get tired of the repetition, and just “goes away”, while our unconscious runs much of the day. If you’ve ever changed jobs, driven in a new city, moved to a new location, you probably remember needing to be much more conscious and in the moment to get through your day.
- •We get stuck in the past. We are stuck in the past when we hold on to regrets over choices we’ve made. When we have guilt over things done or left undone, it keeps us stuck reliving a time in the past, wishing it were different. Sometimes it’s resentment or blame that keeps us stuck. Anger over the actions of another, reliving times of betrayal blocks our healing and learning from these situations. Our thoughts go round and round, our emotions come forward as if it’s happening now, and we retraumatize ourselves frequently. For those who have suffered traumatic events in the past, in childhood, these often become frozen moments in time that keep repeating. There are many cases where time does not heal old wounds if we’re stuck in how we’re processing it.
- • We get caught up in the future. Many people have difficulty being in the present because they are very future oriented, always planning their next step, multi-tasking all the things that need to be done in the day, week, month. Their energy and thoughts are ahead of them. Living those times and places in the future. For those of us control freaks, we like to make not just Plan A, but sometimes Plan B and C when planning. Just so we can be prepared for any event that might happen. We can create the worst possible scenarios, all the “what if” situations that creates anxiety. If you’re thinking of something that hasn’t even happened yet and feel anxiety, anger, some other negative emotion, you’re not living in the moment.
Living in the moment is a lifelong learning process for most of us. Our soul is the Light of our consciousness. When we live in the past or the future, when we go through life unconsciously, it blocks our soul’s expression in the moment. When we get caught up in “why did that happen, what does this mean, what if this happens” types of thought patterns we block our living fully in the present and block the higher level energy from guiding us in each moment.
We each need to find our own path in how we make this happen, when we choose to do so. These are simply some suggestions that may be helpful.
- •Set your intention each day to live and love fully present in the moment
- •Periodically throughout the day (use post it notes or watch alarm as reminders) begin focusing on your breathing, use a phrase such as “Be here now” to call you back to the present.
- •Be aware of your thoughts and energy. If your thoughts are in the past or future, change them to the present moment. “I am safe in this moment” is a phrase some people use. If it feels as though your energy is way out in front of you in the future, or in the past, pulling you back, just imagine your energy flowing back into your body into this moment.
- •If you continue to have difficulty letting go of resentment, guilt, trauma or anxiety from the past or worry about the future, ask yourself if there’s some action you need to take or if you need to accept and let go. If you are having difficulty doing this, get some help with it to allow you to live in peace.
- •Above all, love yourself in each moment. No matter what’s happening or not happening in your life, no matter what other people do or don’t do….. love yourself.
Each moment holds a blessing, a gift, if we just allow it to come forward. Each day is sacred and one of a kind. Our soul’s journey is made up of experiencing the wonder of it all.
Dixie Clark, MS, MSS, LPC is Director and co-founder of Morning Star Center, a holistic wellness center. a licensed counselor and ordained minister, she holds a masters’ degree in both counseling and spiritual science and is currently obtaining her doctorate in spiritual science. With over 26 years experience in mind/body therapies, she combines spirituality and psychology to help people release emotional blocks, heal past trauma and change limiting beliefs to open to soul awareness.
Dixie Clark, MS, MSS, LPC | www.morningstarcenter.com
Comment below to share this with your friends!